What’s going on?
I haven’t posted since before I went on vacation in March. Sorry! Man, I’ve been busy since then.
Last week, I spent time with library staff showing off E*vents, our new online calendar of library programs. This has been a lot of fun, and I think our patrons will like it. By the way, I love doing staff training! As far as I’m concerned we’re all learning together.
On Friday, we unpacked 200 new computers which were all planned into this year’s budget. They are replacing old PCs that we got back around 2002 and that are breaking down regularly. The majority of them will replace public PCs. Another nice thing for our patrons! Today we installed the first of them at the Dupont Branch. The project can be found here. The dates are off, but the quantities and locations are correct. New workstations are coming to a library near you!
Other projects I’m working on are:
- packaging Geek Out Don’t Freak Out into a YouTube format
- making an E*vents screencast with Sean to train ACPL staff
- adding to our Staff Picks collection on LibraryThing
- keep plugging away at A Day in Allen County (adding identifiers)
- complete a CAD drawing of the New Haven Branch
And since Sean came back from Computers in Libraries he gave me a few more little things to do:
- Write an intro for Helene’s visit on April 29
- E-mail area librarians about the visit
- Create a site map for our website
Saturday night I actually dreamed about making the site map. I finished it…does that count?
And if that’s not enough to think about, I think I’ve made the decision to walk a half-marathon this year and I’ve committed to being in another play at the Firehouse, playing a mysterious woman of leisure (which should not be hard, I think about being a woman of leisure all the time!) 🙂